Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shops with Cool Reward Programs


So I do a lot of in store yarn shopping when I can.  I love the feel of yarn.  And it always looks different in store ya know....

But sometimes that just isn't possible.  My local yarn store may carry a certain brand of yarn but not the color I'm looking for.  That;s when you head online.

Now I like a deal.  I like coupons and reward points and all that when I shop.  Makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money.  And for all of us who have a yarn addiction (you know who you are), we can use to save every penny.

Because that's just more yarn we can buy!

So I have compiled a quick list of online yarn stores (who also have physical locations if you happen to be near them) that have some pretty awesome reward programs.

1.  Eat.Sleep.Knit (Smyrna, Georgia)



This website is so fun to shop.  It's colorful and I love the little kitties.  They have a program called the Yarnathon going on. 



 It's a marathon...but instead of running you buy yarn (whish life worked that way...I would be super thin).  Basically every yard of yarn you buy goes towards your total "yards run".  When you reach a goal mark you get gift certificates or surprises. (they explain it way better on the site)  It runs the whole year so you have plenty of time to rack up the yards.  Your also put on a team to help you reach your goal.  I'm on the Roboknits Team.  Your team helps you reach the finish line.  Anyway, it's a super fun way to shop.  And they carry a ton of hard to find brands as well.  Most of my favorites!  :) They also send you a "lotto scratcher" with every order...you could win anything from $5 credit to $100 if your super lucky.  


2.  Jimmy Beans Wool (Reno, Nevada)

Jimmy Beans Wool carries just about everything.  I usually hit up Jimmy before I go looking anywhere else.  They have a large sale selection and carry a ton of retired or discontinued patterns and books.  You get 5% back on every purchase and here and there they send you coupons for free shipping.  (shipping is free after $75 but sometimes you just need $40 worth of yarn...that coupon comes in handy).  They also have the Wool Watcher.  For a couple hours a day they put a yarn on discount.  Also cool.  But one of my favorite things is that they carry an exclusive line from Lorna's Laces.  Every month they get a special colorway that absolutely gorgeous and you can't buy it anywhere else.  I always look forward to the start of the month so I can "need" a new colorway. As an added bonus their customer service is quick, friendly, and excellent!!  

3.  The Loopy Ewe ( Fort Collins, Colorado)


They have a large selection of yarn (as you can see from the photo).  Their program is done on levels and they call it Loopy Rewards. (sounds so cute)

You get a point for every dollar spent and as the points stack up through the year you reach different levels of membership.  With each level comes either a cool gift package or a gift certificate ($25) or both!  The more you level up the greater the reward.  They are really quick about getting your purchase out and they keep your order history super organized (pictures and all)
Plus I love that little sheep.  Dang cute.

4. Loop (Philadelphia, PA)

Loop YarnLoop also has a rewards program like Jimmy Beans where you get 5% cash back but unlike the quarterly payback that Jimmy does, they let you cash out points for cash back at your choosing.  They keep track of your points for you and you can earn up to 500 points per transaction.  
They also carry some hard to find yarns as well.  Specialty yarns like Brooklyn Tweed ad Habu Textiles are on their brand list.  And make sure you check out their sale section.  They usually have great deals on fabulous yarns.  Yarns you feel you NEED to have that your local yarn shop wouldn't put on sale.  



2 comments:

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC said...

How fun! Will definitely check them out. Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

I've just picked up crocheting again and I'm at a loss for shopping sites. This came at the perfect time! Thanks!